After the holidays, you may be left with a fridge full of leftover turkey, ham, and other holiday foods. Rather than letting these leftovers go to waste, why not use them to create delicious new meals? Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Turkey pot pie. Use leftover turkey, vegetables, and gravy to create a comforting pot pie that’s perfect for a cold winter day. Simply roll out some store-bought pie crust and fill it with a mixture of diced turkey, chopped vegetables, and gravy. Cover the filling with another layer of pie crust, and bake until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbly.
- Ham and cheese quiche. If you have leftover ham, you can use it to create a savory quiche that’s perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Simply whisk together eggs, milk, and diced ham, and pour the mixture into a pie dish lined with pie crust. Top the quiche with shredded cheese and bake until the eggs are set and the crust is golden brown.
- Turkey and cranberry sandwiches. Leftover turkey and cranberry sauce make a delicious and satisfying sandwich filling. Simply spread cranberry sauce on bread, top with sliced turkey and lettuce, and enjoy. You can also add a layer of mayonnaise or cream cheese to add some creaminess to the sandwich.
- Turkey and broccoli casserole. Use leftover turkey and broccoli to create a hearty and healthy casserole that’s perfect for a post-holiday dinner. Simply mix together cooked turkey, broccoli, and a can of cream of chicken soup, and pour the mixture into a casserole dish. Top the casserole with breadcrumbs and grated cheese, and bake until the top is golden brown and the casserole is bubbly.
- Ham and potato soup. If you have leftover ham and mashed potatoes, you can use them to create a creamy and comforting soup. Simply simmer diced ham, potatoes, and vegetables in chicken broth until the vegetables are tender. Then, stir in a little milk or cream to give the soup a creamy texture. You can also add a handful of shredded cheese to the soup for extra richness.
- Turkey and stuffing muffins. Leftover turkey and stuffing can be transformed into savory muffins that are perfect for a grab-and-go lunch. Simply mix together diced turkey, stuffing, and a little bit of gravy, and divide the mixture into muffin cups. Bake the muffins until they are heated through and the tops are crispy.
- Cranberry sauce smoothie. If you have leftover cranberry sauce, you can use it to create a refreshing smoothie that’s perfect for breakfast or a post-workout snack. Simply blend together cranberry sauce, milk, yogurt, and a banana until smooth. You can also add a handful of spinach or kale for an extra boost of nutrients.
By using your leftover holiday food in creative ways, you can turn your leftovers into delicious and satisfying meals that the whole family will enjoy. So, these are some of the best recipes that you can make from leftover Christmas food.